Statement on the collection and processing of personal data as per Art. 13 GDPR (information requirements) - Housing
1. Collection and processing of your personal data by Studentenwerk Dresden and how your data is used
1.1 Identity of the responsible partyMr. Udo Lehmann, Acting CEO
Anstalt des öffentlichen Rechts
1.2 Contact information of data protection officerMs. Katrin Hempel
External Data Protection Officer of Studentenwerk Dresden
ias health & safety GmbH
an ias-group enterprise
1.3 Processing purposes and legal grounds
1.3.1 Personal data
The collection of personal data is necessary for the following processing purposes:
- Online application for student accommodation incl. determination of eligibility, Prevention of undue repeated assignment of living spaces
- Conclusion and enforcement of contracts of rent and usage
- Reservation and use of guest house accommodation incl. determination of membership in a certain user group
- Application, approval and payment of student moving allowance (one-time payment) as well as prevention of repeat approvals and payments
- Conducting legal disputes related to the aforementioned purposes
- Fulfillment of commercial accounting and retention periods
- Anonymized evaluation especially for purposes of tailoring our services to the needs of beneficiaries, for statistical purposes, for planning purposes, for benchmarking purposes and for scientific purposes
In particular under landlord/tenant law of the German Civil Law Code, the guideline of the City of Dresden on moving allowance for students, German Commercial Code and all other legal provisions that indenture or authorize us to the storage of data.
1.3.2 Personal data of minors, justifiable interest in processing
Studentenwerk Dresden has legitimate interest in processing of personal data of minors represented by legal guardians for the processing purposes listed under 1.4. through, with and/or in favor of such persons and for the purposes of proof of special housing needs for and of concluding a rental contract with student(s) with child(ren).
1.4 Duration of storage
|Processing purpose||Duration of storage
(calculated from the first day of the year following each pertinent event)
|1.||Online application for student accommodation||20 years from requested begin of rental contract|
|2.||Conclusion and servicing of rental contract and license agreements, prevention of undue repeated assignement of living spaces||10 years from termination of contract (paper tenant file), 20 years from termination of contract (electronic tenant file)|
|3.||Reservation and use of guest house accommodation||3 years from reservation in the event of failed usage
10 years from the end of usage
|4.||Application, approval and payment of one-time student moving allowance||10 years from approval or denial|
|5.||Legal disputes related to the aforementioned purposes beyond the duration of storage detailed under points 1 to 4 (both in and our of court)||Depending on the course of the legal dispute in question, at the most 30 years from the day on which an enforceable legal decision goes into effect|
1.5 Data transmission to third parties and legal grounds
1.5.1 Data transmission to third parties within Germany
Data is transmitted to the following recipients for the following purposes on the following legal grounds:
- Public registry offices in the event of legally permissible requests for information as per §19 Para. 5 German Federal Registration Act (German: Bundesmeldegesetz)
- City of Dresden for the purposes of tax collection on secondary residences as per the secondary residence tax order on the grounds of § 93 AO in conjunction with § 3 Para. 1 Item 3 of the Saxony Local Tax Act (German: Sächsisches Kommunalabgabengesetz)
- City of Dresden for the purposes of granting student moving allowances as per the guideline of the City of Dresden on moving allowance for students
- Courts for the legal purposes thereof
- All additional persons, organizations and public offices that have a legal claim to the transmission of data and make said claim credible on a case-by-case basis for their purposes and on the grounds of all additional legal guidelines that indenture or authorize us to the transmission of personal data.
1.5.2 Data transmission to third parties outside Germany
There will be no transmission of data to third parties outside Germany except in cases of legal disputes involving foreign countries.
2. Your rights as an affected party (as per §§ 12-23 GDPR)
2.1 Requests for disclosure, amendment, deletion or restriction of data processing
You have the right to request disclosure, amendment, deletion and restriction of processing of your personal data at any time. Address your request in writing to the responsible party.
You have the right to enter an objection to processing and transmission of your personal data. Address your request in writing to the responsible party.
2.3 Revocability of consent
In cases where the processing of your data is contingent on your consent, you may revoke your consent at any time. Data processing shall remain lawful until consent is revoked.
2.4 Right of appeal to the supervisory authority
You can appeal to the data protection officer of the State of Saxony (supervisory authority) if you are of the view that the processing of your personal data is unlawful.
3. Legal obligation and/or requirement to provide personal data
The provision of your personal data is either a legal obligation or required for the conclusion and enforcement of contracts, enforcement of legitimate claims and the prevention of misuse of our services by unauthorized parties. If you do not provide your personal data, the purposes for which your personal data are required cannot be fulfilled.
4. Automated decision making and profiling
Neither takes place.Back to overview on Data Privacy