Georgius Agricola scholarship
Studentenwerk Dresden is responsible for the application process for the Georgius Agricola scholarship. The Free State of Saxony awards the scholarship, which is a non-repayable grant.
Studentenwerk Dresden issues the aid granting decision according to the university’s decision. If you have any questions about the approval procedure, contact Studentenwerk Dresden. If you have questions about the application process, contact the International Office of the respective university.
Full-term scholarship from the Georgius Agricola program
A full-time scholarship for study visits (standard period of study) of particularly gifted students from Poland, Hungary, the Slovak Republic, the Czech Republic, Ukraine and students from third countries who either already studied in Ukraine until the beginning of the war or who wanted to study in Ukraine on the basis of a legal residence status, for the acquisition of a professional degree at a university or university of applied sciences in the Free State of Saxony in a technical, scientific or medicinal field. In duly justified cases, students from other fields may also be eligible for the scholarship. The application process is via an invitation to tender.
Studentenwerk Dresden is responsible for the full-term scholarship program throughout Saxony. Check the below list of tenders to see if you are eligible to receive the Georgius Agricola scholarship at your university. Please note that each institution may have its own deadline for submission. If you miss the deadline, your application cannot be considered for the current year.
Attention! The application for a place to study at the institution of your choice is a separate process from the application for this scholarship!
Important notice: As per the funding guideline, the scholarship is awarded for a maximum length of the standard period of study. The scholarship program is scheduled to end on 31 December 2023. Since the program is not slated to be funded after this date, any scholarships that have been awarded for degree programs that exceed four semesters will end on 31 December 2023 at the latest.
Current tenders for full-term scholarships
- For all universities in Saxony Download applicationApplication deadline: 03.11.2022
- Technische Universität Dresden Download applicationApplication deadline: 16.09.2022
- Technische Universität Chemnitz Download applicationApplication deadline: 16.09.2022
- Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg Download applicationApplication deadline: 16.09.2022
- Degree programs that have already commenced at the time of application (the incoming mail stamp at the college or university or at Studentenwerk Dresden) are not eligible for the scholarship. Only degree programs that begin after the date of receipt are eligible for the scholarship.
- Submit all the forms for your application in loose-leaf form without the use of staples, folders, and plastic sheets;
- Applications that are handed in late, handed in by email, in English, or incomplete will not be considered;
- Your application must be delivered with handwritten signature on the application to the respective college or university or the Studentenwerk Dresden by mail to be valid; the date of receipt will be taken from the incoming mail stamp.
Following their professional decision, the respective college or university will forward your application to Studentenwerk Dresden – Student Financing Division, Fritz-Löffler-Straße 18, 01069 Dresden for further processing. You will be informed of the decision automatically. Please be patient and refrain from inquiring about the status of your application.
Short-term scholarship from the Georgius Agricola program
Short-term scholarship for study visits (maximum of two years) for highly gifted students in higher semesters and postgraduates in an academic cooperation agreement at a university or technical college of the Free State of Saxony with the aim of training future management personnel for the following countries: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, and the Ukraine (Part II, CEEC/NIS grouping of the DAC list).
Information on short-term scholarships
You may apply for a short-term scholarship from the Georgius Agricola program at any time. Please contact your university for more information on applying.
Universities where short-term scholarships are available:
Please note there are short-term Agricola scholarships available at the other student services providers in Saxony.
Your contact person
Tel: +49 351 4697-518 Send an email
Send a message
Use our contact form to send us your questions about scholarships now.To the contact form
The legal basis for the Georgius Agricola scholarship program is the funding guideline published by the Saxony State Ministry for Science, Culture and Tourism for study visits by students from the countries of Central, Eastern, and Southern Europe at universities of the Free State of Saxony: Funding guideline as a PDF