User Regulations for University Catering Services
of Studentenwerk Dresden (Dresden Student Services)
dated 2 March 2017
This is NOT a legal document: it simply serves as a guideline to the Benutzungsordnung document in German, which is the official language in any legal dispute.Download English version as PDF file Download German original as PDF file
Pursuant to § 111 par. 3 sentence 1 no. 2 of the Freedom of Institutions of Higher Education in the Free State of Saxony Act (German: Sächsisches Hochschulfreiheitsgesetz – SächsHSFG), revised on 29.4.2015 (SächsGVBl. p. 349), the board of directors of Studentenwerk Dresden has issued the following user regulations on 2.3.2017:
§ 1 Scope
(1) These user regulations apply to all university catering services (canteens and cafeterias) of Studentenwerk Dresden.
(2) In all other respects, the general use regulations for establishments, services and events of Studentenwerk Dresden apply in their respective valid versions.
§ 2 Right of use
Use of university catering services is permitted to all students for whom Studentenwerk Dresden is responsible as well as other users mentioned in the Studentenwerk basic order during regular opening hours.
§ 3 Meal fees and transactions
(1) Three meal price categories apply in canteens:
- For students and pupils with equal university rights who make social contributions to Studentenwerk Dresden or another student services body,
- For civil servants of the Free State of Saxony and the Studentenwerk Dresden.
- For guests.
Additional price categories may apply in the case of special arrangements. In cafeterias, other management policies and fees apply. Notices listing all fees are posted.
(2) Payment is generally cashless using data carriers which remain property of Studentenwerk Dresden provided against payment of a deposit or using data carriers for educational institutions for which Studentenwerk Dresden is responsible under law or contract.
§ 4 Special rules of conduct
(1) All visitors are required to return tablets, dishes and cutlery to the appointed locations. Waste shall be disposed of in the appointed containers. Tablets, dishes, cutlery and any other equipment belonging to Studentenwerk Dresden may be used only in the premises and on open spaces belonging to Studentenwerk Dresden university catering services.
(2) Seats must be freed up again quickly to accommodate the many visitors during high-traffic hours. For this reason, tables may not be used for other activities during these times. All uni-versity catering service employees is entitled to request that seats be freed up.
(3) Changes to chair and table arrangements may be made only with the explicit permission of the CEO or his/her representative.
§ 5 Effective date
These user regulations shall come into effect on the day of their publication in Sächsisches Amtsblatt/Amtlicher Anzeiger. Simultaneously, the User Regulations for University Catering Ser-vices, dated 02.02.2010, shall be voided.
Dresden, 2 March 2017