First application for student accommodation in Dresden, Tharandt, Zittau or Görlitz
Before starting the application for student accomodation, please note the following:
- Please inform yourself about our student halls by reading all relevant information on our website.
- Please check the questions and answers (FAQ) and our General Terms of Tenancy Agreement
- A bank account is required for application for:
- German and foreign applicants who already have a place of residence in Germany and
- Applicants from the SEPA payments area who have a bank account managed in euro which allows SEPA direct debits. (All other foreign applicants do not need to provide bank account information in their application. They will have a few days time after arrival in Dresden to open an account.)
Please have your IBAN ready. Print out the SEPA direct debit mandate required for the application process. The form, signed by the account holder, must be brought along with the applicant in order to conclude a rental contract. Do not send the form per email or post!
- In order to finalize your application you have to upload your residence authorization certificate as PDF-file (max. file size is 1 MByte). This residence authorization certificate might be:
- for university candidates: admission letter/official letter of acceptance ("Zulassungsbescheid"), except for canditates with german Abitur for restriction free courses of studies at the TU Dresden: "Certificate of residence authorisation" (printable after your successful online inscription; last page of the document)
- for already matriculated students: the matriculation certificate of the current semester plus a copy of the deposit receipt confirming your payment of the semester fee for the semester of the desired beginning of the tenancy contract term.
- In case you have reasons for preferential acceptance in a residence hall like severe illness or disability, you have to upload a copy of the respective medical certificate or your certificate of disability as PDF-file (max. file size is 1 MByte)
- Only one application per person is allowed.
If you submit more than one application, only the first will be processed.
- Incomplete applications cannot be submitted or processed.
- After you have submitted your online application successfully, you will receive an automatic delivery notice. You will then receive further information within two weeks after you have submitted all required documents. Except the move-in months of September. October, November, the allocation will principally take place two months before your desired date of move-in. The allocation for the months of September, October, November will be published not sooner than 5 weeks before the desired date of move-in. You will receive the information about acceptance or declining of student accommodation, as well as a placement on our waitlist via e-mail. This e-mail will include all necessary information.
Please note: Always check you other e-mail folders (e.g. spam, unknown sender). Please note that the e-mail addresses of our staff in charge consist of the following items: prename.surname@... Sometimes e-mails with an unknown sender will be delivered into the spam folder. In case you have not received any notice within a reasonable period of time, please call us (+49 (0)351 4697-615).