Apply for BAföG with the Financial Aid Office
The Federal Education and Training Assistance Act (or BAföG) is the best and simplest way to finance your studies.
If you study at one of the universities in our purview, you can apply for BAföG with the Financial Aid Office.
All universities in our purview
- Technische Universität Dresden
- IHI - Internationales Hochschulinstitut Zittau
- Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Dresden
- Hochschule für Bildende Künste Dresden
- Hochschule für Musik Carl Maria von Weber Dresden
- Palucca Hochschule für Tanz Dresden
- Evangelische Hochschule Dresden
- Hochschule Zittau/Görlitz
- Hochschule für Kirchenmusik Dresden
- Fachhochschule Dresden - Private Fachhochschule
- DIU Dresden International University
Advices and a kind request for your application
There are various ways to apply for BAföG:
- You can use the conventional mail to send us your documents
- You can create an account at https://www.bafoeg-digital.de and submit paperless documents through this portal
- You can send emails with attached forms and documents
- Of course, you can also visit us during office hours and hand over all the documents personally and at the same time still receive concrete advice
Unless you come in person, we ask you to choose one way (medium) of submitting documents. Under no circumstances should you use more than one way at the same time, and certainly not for submitting documents twice to be on the safe side. We would also like to point out that we still work with paper files at the office. This means that all documents that reach us electronically still have to be printed out by us.
In order to reduce the currently longer processing times as much as possible, we ask you to avoid inquiries about the status of the processing.
Forms for your BAföG application
You can apply for BAföG assistance by one of the following means:
Apply for BAföG assistance by filling out these online PDF forms on your computer:Download the PDF forms for BAföG application
Apply for BAföG assistance by filling out the paper forms – you can pick up the paper forms at the Financial Aid Office or at a Studentenwerk location:Your Financial Aid Office
Use the electronic application via the application assistant "BAföGdigital" from the federal and state governments:to the BAföGdigital online application
Important: For queries in connection with your electronic application on the BAföGdigital platform, please contact the hotline set up there +49 800 2236 341.
Note for pupils and students of the BA Dresden
The Office for Educational Support of the City of Dresden is responsible for processing BAföG applications from pupils and students of the Dresden University of Cooperative Education (BA Dresden):SG Ausbildungsförderung der Landeshauptstadt Dresden
More information on BAföG and student financing
You can download the forms for the BAföG application as BMBF or PDF files:All forms and annexes
Or you can use our application assistant “BAföGdigital”:BAföGdigital
You can pick up the paper forms at one of our locations:
In DresdenStudentenwerk Dresden
In ZittauStudentenwerk Dresden