FAQ (Questions & Answers) about canteens and cafeterias
In the following overview you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions about our canteens and cafeterias:
Questions and answers on following topics:
- General questions about eating in our canteens
- Questions about paying with the MensaCard Emeal
- Questions about the labeling of additives and allergens
- Questions regarding sustainability
All Questions and Answers ordered by Topics:
General questions about eating in our canteens
- How do I easily find my favourite food ?
- How are the prices of the different user groups calculated?
- Are children's meals available in the canteens?
- Can I eat at the canteens as a guest?
Questions about paying with the MensaCard Emeal
- As a student, how do I obtain the MensaCard Emeal?
- Under what conditions can members of the university staff purchase a MensaCard Emeal?
- Is my deposit refunded if my MensaCard Emeal becomes defective? Can I alternatively receive a new one free of charge?
- What kind of information is stored on my MensaCard Emeal?
- What do I need a 17-figure number on the front of my MensaCard Emeal for?
- Where can I find general information regarding the use of the MensaCard Emeal?
- What is autoload und where can I register for it ?
- What certificates and/or forms are required for the autoload registration procedure?
- Where can I find the card service online? Who is authorized to use it?
- How do I create a new password if I have forgotten my old one?
- Is it possible for me as a student from out of town, a high school student, intern or trainee to eat in the university's canteen at student prices by purchasing an MensaCard Emeal?
- I've misplaced the voucher needed for the extension of the validity period of my MensaCard Emeal? Can I still register for an extension?
- I've lost my MensaCard Emeal, what do I do now?
Questions about the labeling of additives and allergens
- Why is the calorie value of the foods not mentioned anywhere?
- Why do some foods contain flavour enhancers? Can't such ingredients be completely left out?
- As a person suffering from allergies, how do I know which food component contains the respective allergenic? If it does, can it be substituted or left out?
- How sure can I be about accurate labelling with regard to possible allergens?
Questions regarding sustainability
- To what extent is sustainability an issue when planning to introduce new meals?
- Are there to-go offers in the canteens?
- What is the ThermoCup?
- May other coffee cups be used as an alternative to the ThermoCup? If yes, which ones?
- Is there anything to consider when using your own coffee cup?
- Is there a re-usable system in the canteens?