FAQ (Questions & Answers) about canteens and cafeterias
In the following overview you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions about our canteens and cafeterias:
Top 5 of all frequently asked Questions:
All Questions and Answers ordered by Topics:
Around the food
- How do I easily find my favourite food ?
- How are the prices of the different user groups calculated?
- Are children's meals available in the canteens?
- Can I eat at the canteens as a guest?
- As a student, how do I obtain the MensaCard Emeal?
- Under what conditions can members of the university staff purchase a MensaCard Emeal?
- Is my deposit refunded if my MensaCard Emeal becomes defective? Can I alternatively receive a new one free of charge?
- What kind of information is stored on my MensaCard Emeal?
- What do I need a 17-figure number on the front of my MensaCard Emeal for?
- Where can I find general information regarding the use of the MensaCard Emeal?
- What is autoload und where can I register for it ?
- What certificates and/or forms are required for the autoload registration procedure?
- Where can I find the card service online? Who is authorized to use it?
- How do I create a new password if I have forgotten my old one?
- Is it possible for me as a student from out of town, a high school student, intern or trainee to eat in the university's canteen at student prices by purchasing an MensaCard Emeal?
- I've misplaced the voucher needed for the extension of the validity period of my MensaCard Emeal? Can I still register for an extension?
- I've lost my MensaCard Emeal, what do I do now?
Additives and allergens
- Why is the calorie value of the foods not mentioned anywhere?
- Why do some foods contain flavour enhancers? Can't such ingredients be completely left out?
- As a person suffering from allergies, how do I know which food component contains the respective allergenic? If it does, can it be substituted or left out?
- How sure can I be about accurate labelling with regard to possible allergens?
Bio, BioMensa and sustainability
- What does Bio (organic) mean?
- To what extent is sustainability an issue when planning to introduce new meals?
- Why is the U-Boot the only canteen that serves organic food?
- Why is organic produce more expensive?
- Does the Studentenwerk Dresden use regional organic produce?
- Can I find any meat in the Bio canteen?
- What are the MensaCup and ThermoCup?
- Why is there a surcharge of 20 cents for takeaway packaging?
- Which packaging is to be paid for?